Monday, August 8, 2011

Blackberry Thumb and Cellphone Elbow

I had a massage this weekend, and the masseuse noted that I had developed Blackberry Thumb, a term that refers to an overly developed (and tight) muscle between my thumb and forefinger on my texting hand, specifically from the repetitive motion of texting from particular types of mobile devices...time to get a new cell phone, ay?  perhaps an iPhone?

Had started to get concerned about becoming a physical therapist with pained fingers.  Now, as it turns out, its good I'm getting out of marketing and PR.  Recommended cure?  Thumb stretches, ice, and, um, less texting....Lots of hand yoga in the days ahead (and more headset, less cellphone elbow....)

1 comment:

  1. When I first got a blackberry, I would cradle it in my right fingers and type with my right thumb. I quickly got tight and sore in that area. I stopped doing that and now use both thumbs to type and have no more problems.

    ReplyDelete